1. God is ultimately responsible for all spiritual growth.
2. Effort, diligence, and discipline are absolutely necessary for growth.
3. Spiritual growth potential may not be easy to see at first.
4. Spiritual growth depends on an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ.
5. Growth is primarily an inside-out process.
6. Spiritual growth relates to every aspect of our lives.
7. Growth happens most naturally within a close social context.
8. Significant growth occurs within the context of frustration, suffering, or challenge.